deutschblitz
When entering multiple long names for children nodes, they do actually display which is great but there is no collision detection...meaning they do run into each other which makes them unreadable. Please fix. There needs to be line breaks which I noticed are implemented at the end of the screen (right side) but that's not enough. Collision (text overlay) must always be prevented.
rengel
A screenshot would help to understand what you mean. Normally, child nodes are truncated to prevent collisions. They are only expanded when you hover on a thought so line breaks are not needed.
Reinhard, TB 10.0.53.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
deutschblitz
One parent, three children, each of them having a name long enough to cover the screen will break the current collision detection in place. It only works properly at the right edge of the screen but the nodes on the left and in the middle of the screen just keep running right into the child on the right side of the screen rendering the text partially unreadable. I'll try to get you a screenshot.
rengel
Please publish the screenshot here. It's easy on Windows. Use Windows-Key + Shift + S to capture any region of the screen, paste into (say) Irfan View, save, and insert into your post. Here is an example (line breaks and all included). If a title is too long for the screen width, line breaks will be inserted (see picture):
Clipboard01.png 

deutschblitz
I changed my font and some other settings and now I don't seem to have a problem with this anymore. I will let you know if it happens again. Thank you.
deutschblitz
Here is one where the hover over label is being cut off right in the beginning, it is missing the words "Wenn du es".
Clipboard02.jpg 
rengel
Looking at your picture I suppose that it is the label (not the title) that is truncated. That's a different problem than that stated in your original post. There you are talking about thought titles, not labels, being truncated (or at least that's my understanding).

I don't use such long titles or labels, because long titles tend to render the instant search index unusable (too much clutter, too much scroling, because of keywords that are basically cruft). If I store quotations in a brain, I don't put the tanslation  into the label, but into the Notes and have them pop up automatically when the cursor hovers on the thought. Although it is is quite alluring to put translations into the labels, this doesn't work well enough, if you have longer phrases or texts. The visual clutter is simply too much.

mcaton
I'll document this as a feature request for word wrap/multiple lines on long thought labels.

Thank you for reporting!
Matt
metta
Thanks for confirming, Matt.

Is there also documentation for word wrap/multiple lines on long thought names, as well as labels? There were many votes for this feature in this discussion.
metta
@Matt ~ 

Unless I misread this discussion, it looks like the 2-line thought label feature request was previously documented on 10.13.17:
> #4392

Will also be looking forward to your feedback regarding the 2-line thought name feature request.
mcaton
Metta, 

You are correct, I'll merge #4392 and #5423.  And the multi line thought name display is also a documented feature request.

Thanks,
Matt
metta
Many thanks, Matt! ðŸ™‚👍

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software