Raymond

I would like to see colors for each step away from the brain center so that I will know where I am in relation to the center and which thought to click on to return to the center of the brain. So colors will direct me in navigating around my brain.

NorthFarm

Hmm. My brain doesn't have one center but many. Yes it has a home thought but going 4 levels down and follow a jump thought you are back at the home thought. I can't really see how to implement this. Could you explain a bit more? Perhaps on the nature of your brain?

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
Raymond
So from your home thought everything one link away gets say a red color and then everything one link from the red level gets say a green color and a different color one link from the green level etc. So That I will know which direction my home thought is by going back from green to red to home. Is this possible already?
      I would like to have each progressive thought a link away from the home or center thought be a predetermined color.
NorthFarm
I'm still not following you.

Example:

My home thought is called "Start here!" (Color 1)

It has a child thought called "Private stuff" (Color 2)

"Private stuff" has a child called "Private task list" (Color 3)

"Private task list" has a child thought called "Do now" (Color 4) - but it is also a child of "Start here!" since I use it often and then it should be color 2.

If your brain does not contain these "shortcuts" you could manually assign colors for your thoughts. You could also create a set of thought types and assign different colors to the thought types. Then you can right-click the thought and assign the type which then automatically changes the color of the thought for you.
Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
zenrain
I would agree that this would work for small brains, but as they get larger and linking more complex, I'm just not sure how this would be manageable.

It's a great idea for showing distance from a common starting place (sorta like the getting warmer as you get closer to something game), but I just can't see how how it could be implemented in a scalable manner. Maybe after a certain number of thoughts only one color?
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Darkstar

Raymond wrote:
So from your home thought everything one link away gets say a red color and then everything one link from the red level gets say a green color and a different color one link from the green level etc. So That I will know which direction my home thought is by going back from green to red to home. Is this possible already?
      I would like to have each progressive thought a link away from the home or center thought be a predetermined color.

You can do this manually, by making link types. Make a link type of "Home Link", and have it the color you want for anything that links to Home. Set every link to your home thought as "Home Link".

Then create "1 link away" link type, and set it to the color you want. Go through all the thoughts that are linked to your "Home" thought, and set everything thta links to them with the "1 link away" link type.

Repeat for as far as you want.

Personally, I wonder what kind of brain you are creating where this is a useful feature to you. You can always get home by clicking the home button, as well as hitting the "Home" key, and if you like, you can pin the home though and therefore always link to it or jump to it using the pin.
-Darkstar
Raymond

My theme of the thoughts is the center, I would like this to be text and text box to be a color which become the color the links to the next six layers will be. The first layer of thoughts from my center are the main points of the theme and will be another color in text and text box. The next layer of thoughts are my supporting points for my main points of the theme and center. So the reason that each brain is created has an apparent direction and hopefully easier to navigate. I can see that this would complicate merging but I would think that color and shape  would make it easier to distinguish the reason and existence  of a group brains. Maybe???

Raymond

Another suggestion I would like to make would be making the links vary in form. Eg. zig-zag;wavy;dotted. A standard for each level from the center. And then I would like to see the option to make each thought into a theme center or a sub-point or a support-point and revert back to an original setting.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software