mctrexler
I understand why color-coding tags gets problematic fast, but is it possible?   I'm ending up creating Types just to take advantage of the colors. 
SamCox
In PersonalBrain v5, color coding tags is certainly possible. Probably in later releases, too. Here's a quick "how to".

• Select the "Tags" window
  • Right-click (on a Windows PC) the tag you're interested in.
  • Select "Properties" from the small pop-up window.
  • Click the "Color" button in the "Tag Properties" window.
  • Select from an established tag color or click "Custom" to define a new tag color.
  • Pick a color and click "Ok"
  • Click "OK" again to finish.
Hope this helps.
-- Sam
mctrexler
Thanks Sam.  I used to know that, and now I do again!

Mark
mctrexler
OK, not so fast.  When I do that the name of the tag gets color, but the tagged thought doesn't change color at all (as typed thoughts do). Am I doing something wrong?  I want the test for a tagged though to be a particular color.  Doable?
hasi123
One thought can have one type and one color but many tags. 
If you would define the color red for tag A, green for tag B and blue for the type C, 
and your thought is of A, B and C - what color will your thought have? 

mctrexler
Yes, that's exactly the point I raised in my original question.  Notwithstanding that, it would be handy to be able to set colors for a few tags that you would never use in combination with other colored tags.  But I guess there's no real downside to simply using Types, even though this is a case where the hierarchical structure of Types is irrelevant. 

Mark
L1nda
Being able to mass select and change the colour of thoughts would help with this too. I use types to set the colour etc normally, but there are times when further differentiation of thoughts of the same type would be handy. Creating further types in those situations isn't the most practical unless the brain is very narrow in scope (ie. no one brain to rule them all type set up) because you can end up with a hundred or more thought types which becomes cumbersome. Of course you can always just change the colour of thoughts individually but if there's more than a few that too can become unsustainable if you value time.
mctrexler
Very true, and not just for thoughts!   Would VERY MUCH like to see the ability to mass-modify the color and/or thickness and/or direction of links.  For really complicated Brains we need more ways to organize the structure than are currently available. 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software