Diego

Hi,

Is anyone aware of any information/documentation about any available command line arguments/parameters to execute specific features of the program? I mean, for example:

1) Is it possible to launch the backup (zipped brain) feature from the command line in order to schedule backups using Windows Scheduler or any other tool?

2) Is it possible to use a command line to safely stop the software?

Any information about this would be much appreciated because I asked the same questions to the support team but they sent me here (to the forum).

Best,
Diego

yopsolo
Hi,

I would also appreciate information about those 2 points.

Regards
blipityboo
No responses?? I would also like to be able to do automatic backup (command line or whatever).
Brigitte
This is not a feature that is part of TheBrain right now. The best approach to automated back up is to turn on the automatic sync of your Brain to the cloud. Alternatively, you can have your backup software simply back up your .brain file and _brain folder.

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
Diego
Hello Brigitte and thanks for your reply but... it's not so simple.

I'm talking about scheduling/automation. As far as I know it's not currently possible to perform a backup while the program is running. Furthermore, it's not possible to use snapshots automation (auto-protect snapshots) in Virtual machines neither. In both cases you end up with a corrupted database.

I have faced lots of headaches caused because I used different backup solutions WHILE the program was running (drive cloning, VM snapshots, different backup tools). None of them can perform a proper backup even using Windows Shadow Copy or similar technologies.

This is the reason why I ask for command line options in order to ask a programmer or 3th. party developers to create an script to:

1) Close "The Brain" safely.
3) Create the backup
3) Restart "The Brain"

BTW, I don't like the cloud option for several reasons (out of the scope of this thread).

Best,
Diego

Diego
Hi again.

Still facing this problem. Is anyone aware of a solution to create scheduled backups while TheBrain is running/open?

TIA,
Diego

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software