miadonis

Hi everyone,

I think I already know the answer to this question, but hoping for an alternative solution...

Is there a way to apply the "comma trick" after a Thought has been created?

I need to apply the comma prefix to about a thousand Thoughts so that each Thought has a unique Thought Name. Do I need to delete each Thought and start over or is there a way to add the prefix non-contextually, i.e. after the Thought has been created?

Any suggestions would be great. Thank you

Regards,
Matt

MacOS 10.14.5TB 10.0.50

Cerebrum
You can use the "comma trick" after a Thought has been created. You need to add the exact name of the parent thought.

For example, let's say you have a thought called "Sample1" with a child thought "Sample2."
Change the name of Sample2 to "Sample1, Sample2" or "Sample2, Sample1".
When activating Sample1, the child thought will be displayed in the Plex as "Sample2" even though it actually has a longer name.
The parent name is case sensitive: "sample1, Sample2" will not work, if the name of the parent thought is "Sample1".

I'm not aware of a way of bulk-editing several thoughts to add the comma and name of the parent thought. You'll need to edit one thought at a time.
miadonis
Thanks @cerebrum. That's a great tip for modifying individual Thoughts.

Regards,
Matt

MacOS 10.14.5TB 10.0.50

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software