Spacenexus
Not wishing to step on the toes of EKP, but there is a significant case for PB users to collaborate together in real time remotely and interbrainily for team projects, meetings, brainstorms and a multitude of other activities.

Following a discussion just now with my friend on merging brains, it seems that we can unleash a phenomenon here if the newly developed copy/update thoughts between brains feature could be pushed a little further so that real time interaction across the web could be possible.

This capability was succesfully integrated into Mind Manager 2002 Business Edition (after which they dropped this feature ) and I think in this increasingly connected world it's a no brainer.

Perhaps this is in the purvue of 3rd party development with the upcoming API but i think as a concept it should be one of the next major enhancements addressed.

Any thoughts on this?

cheers

Jim
@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
zenrain
This sounds like what EKP is intended for, and they would probably be supplanting those sales if they went down this road.

I like the idea, but I wouldn't hold my breath...

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Spacenexus
My understanding is the EKP is an enterprise platform primarily aimed at knowledge management solutions within corporate borders (even if geographically dispersed).

PB doesn't have the database integration capability of EKP and is not intended or able to compete with it. However, I do think the ability to allow individual user brains to communicate with each other in a real time collaborative fashion may offer great benefit. Effectively we have the skeleton of this capability already with the merge/copy/overwrite thoughts features. Perhaps these ideas are simply dovetailing into the Teambrain version which may be introduced in the future as a version beyond PB Pro.

With the correct security and privacy features, imagine the synergies possible between PB users for sharing data and ideas.

I do agree with your comment; naturally I would hope EKP would still remain the datapowerhouse of corporate choice and that market placement would not be an over-riding factor in limiting such a powerful PB opportunity.

cheers

Jim

@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997
mcaton
Sounds like someone has been peeking at our future feature list...

You are correct.  EKP = Large team users.  PB = Individual users.

But as you may have noticed, the product features seem to merge as both products evolve.  Eventually we will have that "mid-level" product available for small groups.

Thanks,
Matt
Spacenexus
Not wishing to blur the lines, perhaps this becomes another possibility developed with the API?

cheers

Jim
@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software