plk
I'm new to TheBrain and don't understand it deeply. A question: If on a Windows machine TheBrain puts thought attachments in file-system folders, does that mean that if I add or delete files in the folders (outside of TheBrain, in Windows Explorer) that I'm adding and deleting attachments? Or do added files in the folders go unnoticed by TheBrain (until a manual linking operation) and deleted ones simply report as missing? Also, how, if at all, would a folder-system manipulation affect an attachment's  meta-data in TheBrain? (probably the added file has no meta-data and the deleted file has meta-data but for a missing attachment?) Thanks if someone can clarify this for me. I'd prefer TheBrain wrap content folders in an encrypted container of some kind, but since the folders are exposed I can think of ways to take advantage of the unfortunate fact.
Antonio68
Hallo plk, you can move file in and out directly from Windows Explorer without any problem for the Brain. Just try it!
The fact that folder are exposed is actually an advantage and a big quality of the software!!!!!!. You can work with your file via the brain or use the windows related functions. In addition your file are not wrapped in a propietary system. I would not be allowed to use The Brain in my work when the files would have been wrapped inside.

plk
Good point. The possibilities of the exposed file system are intriguing. I have a lot to wrap my mind around here.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software