Tracy
 Just a quick tip I find extremely useful.. Instead of simply dragging and dropping an Outlook email into PersonalBrain, hold Ctrl and drag. This will make a copy of the email and save it internal.. Therefore, you can delete or move the email from Outlook and this won't impact you at all..
Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies
jroeterd

Yes, that is a nice feature. Even beter would be when drag&drop would respect the setting in the preferences for linking files or moving files. Then the D&D for both files and Outlook messages would require the same action...

Very small wish :-)

RobMutsaars
Mhhh. can't see to find the Outlook drag-and-drop working. Using Outlook 2007 and PB 5.5.2.2
I can select an Outlook contact and drag it to PB screen. But when I drop, nothing happens and contact is not dropped to my brain. Also not working for emails.
Do I need to adjust settings in Outlook or PB ?
zenrain
Try reinstalling PB with Outlook closed (verify it's not in the Task Manager either, it likes to hang around). If Outlook is open when you install PB it can't write the interface file.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
RobMutsaars
zenrain wrote:
Try reinstalling PB with Outlook closed (verify it's not in the Task Manager either, it likes to hang around). If Outlook is open when you install PB it can't write the interface file.

Thanks for the suggestion. I uninstalled PB and re-installed with Outlook closed, but still nothing. You mention an interface file, what kind of file is this and can I check manually (in Explorer ?) whether the file is there. Thanks !
zenrain
I believe it's the redemption.dll file in the PersonalBrain\Bin folder, but I may be mistaken.

You may also take a look at the output.log (in the PersonalBrain Program folder) directly after dragging an e-mail to the plex, and e-mailing it to support. If there's an error they may be able to tell the cause.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software