jensf
To copy files into the Brain, two functions would be useful:

1. A context menu entry in attachment list for files linked outside the brain: "Copy into Brain" (Until now we only have "Move into Brain")

2. A context menu entry in attachment list which allows to download the file linked by the attached URL to store it internal in the Brain

Both would be probably easy to integrate, and especially #2 would be really helpful to prevent too many broken links.
-----
PB 5 Pro, OS X 10.5.6
MikeA
The copy attachment function is important when the file is on a shared server, and you cannot move it because it is used by others. This function allows the user to use PB while not connected to the server and still access the file. (Obviously, a linked attachment won't work here.)

Using PB 5.0.2.3 WinXP
-Michael
PB 6.0 Pro
JVM 1.6.0.23
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
jensf
This was exactly the intention of my request #1.

It takes to much time if you have a existing link to an external file to
- go to the originals file folder
- make a copy
- move into brain
- rename file in the brain

For a brain on a notebook and all files originally located on shares an accessable from other users, the "Copy to Brain" function would be really helpful (and really easy to implement as well)

Request #2 would make sense for all relevant documents or pictures in the web, where i'm afraid of a changed link or a changed version -> It would take away the need to download it separatly.

#2 would be nice to have, #1 for me would be a power-feature
-----
PB 5 Pro, OS X 10.5.6
zenrain
If you are on windows, hold down the ctrl button while you drag the thought into the Attachments window. This will create a copy.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
jensf
@zenrain: thanks for the hint - figured out how to realize it on mac. I first have to pick the file up, THEN press ctrl and it works. (Pressing ctrl first opens context menu on click)

=> #1 fixed
#2 still interesting
-----
PB 5 Pro, OS X 10.5.6
Moe
jensf, zenrain has also posted a bunch of keyboard shortcuts you can reference here http://websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=1937812 , which is pretty awesome for a fast cheat sheet reference

Best regards,
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software