wordmuse
When I open a thought to edit it, if I try to copy text in either the Thought or the Thought Details fields, using either Ctrl+C or right+click-Copy, I get the Unexpected Error dialog and have to restart.

I am using the latest version .46, I think from Alpha Channel.

Please fix.  Thanks.

~ Bal
metta
[Message Deleted]

Apologies, Bal. I've run into another different note-related issue and, at first, I thought it might be related to your post -- but I see now you are talking about the thought dialogue box, not the note editor. Will be following with interest.
DavidGretzschel

What's the "Thought" or "Thought details"-field. I'm not following what you're doing there.
Do you mean "Thought Name" and "Label", perhaps?

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

wordmuse
Yes - I don't know the formal names of the fields for the dialogs. Here's a screenshot.  When I select text in either field and try to copy it, whether using the mouse or keyboard, the program crashes and the Unexpected Error dialog appears. 

brain-thought-dialog.png 
metta
FWIW, I think this is called the "thought properties" box. ðŸ˜‰
DavidGretzschel
@wordmuse
tested on "Minun" (my weaker machine)

The "formal names" I asked for were just what's printed in grey on the white background, when you create a new Thought.
The screenshot was very helpful. Couldn't replicate it. Found another "bug" (or just plain weird behaviour, though; see screenshot):

Temp Double Select.png 

AFAIK, there's no good reason to for a selection to not dismiss itself, when one changes focus.
It's impossible to "pick up" the same selection again, after all. It can only confuse a user as to which thing is selected.
Maybe this is just default odd TheBrain-behaviour, I never noticed or maybe it's a new bug and/or it's related.

Which OS are you running on? If it's Windows 7, well that one is gradually being abandoned by Microsoft and could be a source of bugs all of it's own?
Metta has been reporting weirdness when it comes to copy- and pasting on it.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

wordmuse
I am running on a Windows 10 machine, updated by Microsoft on a somewhat irregular basis.  I suppose it could be something unique to my system, but I didn't have this problem with build 18. It only started (and continues) since then. Using the text entry field that comes with the Unexpected Error dialog, I've sent in a log and description of what I was doing multiple times.  I can only hope there's a fix.
nick
I'm unable to reproduce this, but I have documented it for further review.
Harlan
@wordmuse I don't see your log - did you send it to support? Also, does this happen if you copy text from the search field also?
Regards,
-Harlan
wordmuse
Harlan,

I just reproduced the error, and sent whatever it is that the Unexpected Error dialogue sends to you. I addressed the error report to you and referenced this thread so you can watch for it. Hope it helps.

~ Bal
Harlan
Great. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
I believe this problem is resolved in 11.0.48.
Regards,
-Harlan
wordmuse
Just checked, and yes. The problem appears to be resolved. 

A small thing on it: when I copy or cut the text, TB seems to stall for a few seconds, as if thinking about whether it wants to cooperate or not, and then it decides that it would like to do so after all. But bottom line - the problem appears to be fixed. Thank you!

~ Bal
mcaton
Bal,

Thank you for confirming!

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software