DavidGretzschel

on 60:
I used 60, cause that's what's currently in the "Stable"-channel.
If 62 is more stable, than I'll gladly use that.

I experienced a crash with only five windows open.
Three Virtual Desktops. One window in fullscreen on monitor 1 on each Virtual Desktop.
Two windows on monitor 2 set to "show on all virtual Desktops".
(see the screenshots)

I don't have time for crashes right now, I need to get work done.
I can't get work done, if I have to interrupt work every 1.5 hours to put the TB windows back where they belong.
That is just not possible.

I realize that I can't push some optimistic setup with dozens of windows yet.
So please tell me what the maximum number of windows or tabs is, that I can have open at the same time, so that I can be 99,9% certain that TheBrain 11 will not crash.

And please take a look at the session that started at:
12:27:18.2069
in the logfile.
And handle the exception so that nothing will run out of memory.

It ends with this:
****** Unhandled exception ******
TheBrain 11.0.60.0 Windows - Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
2020-03-08 14:09:06
Origin: AppDomain Terminal: True
System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.

virtual Desktop 1:

Pasted Image.jpg virtual Desktop 2:Pasted Image.jpg virtual Desktop 3:

ws3.jpg 

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

DavidGretzschel
Okay, got a crash quickly after I created one window with three tabs and another window with two tabs.
It seems that v60 isn't stable (just not as catastrophic as 61). Will try 62, if that fails, will try to get an earlier version.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

--
---
---

Fabio68usa
One window open crash while in Idle after importing two document inside a thought, never seen a product so not ready for prime time, can get work done as I am investing company time to populate the system with work critical information, no time to be a beta tester and constantly collecting logs so the developers can look into it and find a solution, that's is what beta testers are for and not a paying customer just wanting to use the tool to get his/her job done. Very disappointment after the initial excitement of the new discovered tool.
mcaton
I realize I'm getting to this thread a bit late.  As of today, we're on build 11.0.64 on the Alpha Channel.  If you have this version and experience a crash, please return to TheBrain and click on Help > Open Log Directory and send a copy of your Output.log file into support@thebrain.com for further review.

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
Ah, forgot to mention, for those who may not know, The Alpha channel contains frequent updates and provides access to the very latest versions. It is the recommended channel if you have an urgent need for a fix that is not yet available on the Stable channel and do not mind frequent updates.

To get on the Alpha channel:

Windows: Go to Options > Preferences > System > Updates, and select Alpha from the dropdown menu. Then go to Help > Check for Update, and install the update.

macOS: Go to TheBrain > Preferences > System > Updates and select Alpha from the dropdown menu. Then go to TheBrain > Check for Update, and install the update.

Thanks,
Matt
DavidGretzschel
@mcaton
So could you give me a ballpark of how many windows I can run at the same time and expect stable performance?
From what you're saying my three Virtual Desktops, five Windows scenario should run fine.
But how about 30 Brain-Windows? I'd have no problem to find a use for that many.
But I don't want to build an elaborate setup that'll crash on me, either.
I've been doing that a lot lately and it's no fun.

And I don't want to report crashes for something that isn't possible yet and I shouldn't have tried and expected to work, in the first place.

--
---
---

mcaton
David,

I think it would be safe to say that 30 open Brain windows might be pressing the boundaries... but I think that is highly dependable on your OS.  There's no way we could calculate a minimum/maximum range of stability that would cover all environments.

Matt
DavidGretzschel

@mcaton
Thank for you going into that.
I'd only be trying that on Plusle (the specs of which are in my signature).
It's not the craziest machine ever built, just an off-the-rack Gaming-Laptop, but it's a decently fast machine.

I get that you can't make promises, but when you say that it depends on the environment, 
is this a problem I can possibly just throw more money at? 
(as in "rob a bank to buy a much better laptop or ask my brother to build me a strong desktop PC").
The weakest part of my system is the processor.
However, when I get a typical performance crash, I'll see "ran out of memory" at the end.
But no matter what I've tried so far (dozens of Windows, playing around with Marc's Climate-thingagmagic,
Windows with lots of Thoughts....) I've never seen memory usage of more than 1Gb.

No need for a maximum range, just a little bit more of the boundaries of the problem would be very helpful for me, already.

--
---
---

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software