BrentK
When I first saw this feature in TB, I thought that I wouldn't use it because I'd never have a lot of Thoughts to automatically modify all at once in the entire brain.  So I didn't even test it to see what it really does.  Well recently I tested it and I'm glad I did because it helped me to understand, first of all, that it 'crawls' (or looks at) only the section of brain you choose, and second, that it only selects Thoughts, it doesn't modify them. 

Once I learned this, I saw an immediate use for it: copying a series of template Thoughts from one area of the brain to another.  This is something I do frequently because I use the same series of template Thoughts for each new project I work on.

Prior to discovering the true nature of Crawl Brain and Modify Selection, I was multi-selecting the template Thoughts, then selecting 'Copy Thoughts', and then right-clicking (under the destination Thougt) and  selecting 'Paste Thoughts'. 

Now I use four accellerators to do all of this selecting/copying/pasting:
CTRL-1  (start the Crawl Brain process; select 2 levels down)
CTRL-2  (copy selected Thoughts)
CTRL-3  (clear selection)
CTRL-4  (paste Thoughts; once I've navigated to the destination Thought)

It would be nice to be able to setup a (TB resident) script to combine all of these, but I'm happy that I found a much easier and more controlled method for performing a frequent task.

Brent

p.s.  A manual step that I still perform is unlinking the copied/pasted top-level Thought from its original parent Thought.  I really don't see a reason for TB to include that link...but manually unlinking it is an easy thing to do.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software