Kriggel23
According to the menu items, you can change between 'Create Child', 'Create Parent' and 'Create Jump', even in between new thought entry. Good idea, so during thought entry you might change the way a new thought is attached to the active thought.

BUT: it does not work yet this way ...

First scenario - as expected / according to menu items:
  • Press <Cmd-Up> (a new, empty parent thought appears)
  • do NOT enter anything, instead:
  • Press <Cmd-Left> (a new, empty jump thought appears)
  • again, do NOT enter anything
  • Press <Cmd-Down> (a new, empty child thought appears)
  • (you can continue with this, the sequence is imho not relevant

Second scenario - now it does not work any more as expected:
  • Press <Cmd-Up>
  • Enter some text
  • Press <Cmd-Left> (the parent thought entered before becomes a jump thought)
  • Press <Cmd-Down> (nop, jump thought stays jump thought)
  • Press <Cmd-Up> (nop)
  • (you can start with a new child thought, but the result is the same)

Kriggel23

Harlan
Strange. Second scenario works fine for me.

If I understood correctly, you are saying that you cannot change from Jump to anything else once text has been entered?
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Oh, I see what's wrong... The correct keyboard shortcuts are Cmd+Shift+[Up/Left/Down]. macOS uses Cmd+Arrow to navigate the text cursor, so these are not available. I think a while back the old shortcuts did not have Shift included. Go to Preferences > Keyboard then hit the menu in the bottom left corner and select "Restore Defaults" or manually alter your thought creation shortcuts.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software