mtrifiro

If I paste a URL into a Notes field, The Brain automatically creates a markdown "embedded link" with the page title.

However, if I try to create it by hand. E.g, by typing:

[this is the anchor text](http://somelink.com)

It takes over the line before I even type the closing paren and then the link gives an error.

mcaton
Matt,

Thanks for posting. I've been unable to replicate this issue. The manual entry should be working.  Would it be possible for you to send a short video of your process?

Thank you,
Matt
DavidGretzschel
I can't replicate it either. Whenever I try, I end up crashing the dialog in some other way. Search & Replace is a minefield of bugs.

https://forums.thebrain.com/post/bug-search-and-replace-doesnapost-work-then-freezes-thebrain-like-hastily-eaten-icecream-10434030?pid=1310802928#post1310802928

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

mcaton
David,

Yes, we've got the Search and Replace issues documented.

Thanks,
Matt
DavidGretzschel
Ah sorry, I confused the thread with the other one by mtrifiro.

Pasted Image.png 
Can't replicate either.
The third result is a bit odd, though.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

mcaton
David, 

Yes, the third example is a bit odd.  I'll share with the engineering team.  I would have expected that you would have seen [this is the anchor text](http://somelink.com) with the paste special.

Thanks,
Matt
danlandrum
I emailed a log file and crash report this morning. I can verify that manually typing in a link yields different results than doing it through the hamburger menu. They display as identically correct in markdown, but the one created via the menu works, while the manually typed version pops up the restart dialogue.  Hope this helps.
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
mtrifiro
I have not been able to replicate my original report in the most current version (11.0.61.0). I will play around with it more.
danlandrum
Thanks, @mtrifiro. I've had no other issues with 11.0.62.0, and I'm fine with using the menu, but this is consistently reproducible on my iMac. I discovered it this morning while trying to up my chops by memorizing markdown syntax.
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
mtrifiro
@danlandrum I meant that I'm not able to reproduce the situation in my original post, although my app doesn't crash for me either so I am not able to reproduce the effect you see either.
mcaton
Thanks Dan. We'll review and follow up on your support ticket.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software