KenBlackman Show full post »
mcaton
We have a new fix available.  Again, download 11.0.48 which is still available on http://www.thebrain.com/thebrain11 . From there, if you are on the alpha channel, you can update to 11.0.55. Rebooting your machine after an update to 11.0.55 will not cause any Brain restart issues.

Thanks!
Matt
GaryW

@Helwar @zenrain @KenBlackman @mctrexler @metta @mcaton

My lucky balloon popped when I rebooted my iMac this morning. I'm back on the ground waiting for an available fix. I won't reboot my MacBook Pro as it's working.

Post-note: Looks like the fix is now available as v11.0.55

Life is what happens when we are busy making other plans.

2019 Mac 3.1GHz i5 16GB RAM: Catalina v10.15.5, Safari v13.1, Chrome 83.0.4103.97; 2018 iPad Pro: iOS v13.5.1

KenBlackman
Hey @mcaton, is it safe to have two copies of TheBrain app, as long as you're careful to only ever run one at a time?

Or is it better to only ever have one version on your machine and replace it each time?

And could that be a faster workaround to this bug? Just keep 11.0.48 and 11.0.53 both on your machine, and always use 11.0.48 first after a reboot?
KenBlackman
Oops never mind, I see there's NEWER build (55) with the bug fixed. Sorry and thanks
GaryW
@Helwar @zenrain @KenBlackman @mctrexler @metta @mcaton

I just followed Matt's instructions to launch v11.0.55. Back up and running on my iMac.

Life is what happens when we are busy making other plans.

2019 Mac 3.1GHz i5 16GB RAM: Catalina v10.15.5, Safari v13.1, Chrome 83.0.4103.97; 2018 iPad Pro: iOS v13.5.1

mcaton
Good news. We've recently released version 11.0.60 that completely resolves all previous start up issues that were occurring on macOS. You update to v11.0.60 from your existing installation of TheBrain.

FYI, if you are running Catalina on macOS, you will see that 11.0.59 is the most recent version, as versiaon 11.0.60 is not necessary on Catalina.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software