danny
I'm not sure if this is the right topic really but as I'm using 4.2.1.1 I thought I'd start here.
Is it possible to hold the brain files in one location and access the same brain from both a PC and a Mac?
I think it should be possible if there are no attachments (maybe) but considerably more challenging if the brain has attachments.
I have to use a PC for work but choose to use a mac for everything else, so of course I have personal thoughts and files on both the PC and the Mac.
Thanks
Dan
macfunrjw
I have the same situation using a PC at work and a MAC for everything else. put a PC copy of PB on a 160 Gig USB hard drive with a Firewire connection that I use when conecting to the MAC. I have the Mac software on the mac and access the master brain from the USB drive . If I have to do attachments they are on the USB drive. I back up the Master file to another external Drive.

This has been working well for about 3 months now.

Macfunrjw
danny
Many thanks - that sounds like it's the solution.
Kind of obvious really
danny
Hi macfunrjw
Did moving to a HDD from teh thumbdrive solve your speed problems?
Cheers
Dan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software