zenrain
It would be nice to be able to set up our own categories for icons, move existing icons into that category and add new ones.

It does seem to be possible using the icons folder in TheBrain/App/Icons, but:
  1. I don't know if it will be overwritten during a subsequent install.
  2. There is not a link to that folder from the window (like there is for templates for example), so it's not apparent to someone you could do this (if it wasn't going to be modified by the install).
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 10.0.54
pthompson
It would likely be reset to the default on update or install. These icons are not meant to be changed.
zenrain
Ok, thanks. In that case, it would be helpful to be able to create a favorites category or some sort of customization. When trying to find a specific icon multiple times for different thoughts it becomes a chore to either remember the category for that icon to narrow it down, or scroll through the long list.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 10.0.54
wordmuse
I second the need for this. Perhaps let users have a "user folder" in the icons directory where TheBrain8 knows to leave anything in that folder alone.
mcaton
Just to clarify, subsequent upgrades will not delete/replace the icons directory, just overwrite it.  So if you add your own custom folder (My Favorite Icons) it will still be there after you upgrade.  The only catch would be if we include a new folder and/or icon that has the EXACT same name and location as the one/s you have created.

Therefore, if you create a folder called "Joe's Favorites", and add all your favorite icons to it - you should be just fine.

Thanks for the tip on creating a quick link to the icons directory.  I'll add this as a feature request.

Thanks,
Matt
zenrain
Just as a warning, Matt's tip is Windows only. I believe in OS X it's a replace, so you will lose any customization (so make a backup if you do this [smile])
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 10.0.54
yuryg
See if you can allow the insertion of soft links which means an external directory can be linked in that way it would not be overwritten, 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software