wcmedows
I love everything about the product right now, and am using it more and more. I have been a part time user for years, but now finally getting into it!

Simple (I hope) feature request when you can?

Need a Dark Mode. I tend to work late at night, and the ability to shade the application background into a dark mode would help the eyes a lot. Obviously we can change the plex background, but I am talking about the application itself.

Seems like a common thing in OS and Apps lately. Maybe be able to extend the OS dark mode instead of having to build it?
WC
Cerebrum
Set Theme to "Dark" in Options, Preferences, Look & Feel, User Interface.

Edited: Those are the instructions for the desktop app.
Do you mean the iOS app?
mcaton
Yes, Dark Mode is now there. Here's a link with more information in our Brain Knowledgebase:

https://bra.in/7p6gbP

Thanks,
Matt
Cerebrum
Another spelling mistake in the knowledgebase: 
"You may want to modify your Brain Theme to compliment the darker interface and tones."
Should be "complement". 
Also, it would be nice to have a link to Themes, along with suggestions for complementary themes like "# 20 Years" and "Dark Gray".
(Gray?? Is the color "grey" or is the colour "gray"?) 

Some more issues:
  1. Missing "and" in: Dark Mode allows you to focus on your work with subtle colors fewer distractions.
  2. In Preferences, it is "Theme" not "Mode".
  3. How does Light Mode/Theme not allow me to focus on my work?
  4. The colors in Dark Mode are not "subtle" compared to Light Mode.
  5. How are there fewer distractions in Dark Mode?
mcaton
Cerebrum,

Thank you! I've made several changes.  Yes, what is "subtle" and/or "distracting" can certainly be debated.  How does "you may find the interface to be more subtle with fewer distractions..." sound?

Matt

Cerebrum
I've pointed out some mistakes and inconsistencies, and I offered a suggestion. The rest is up to you. If you want, you can pay me to edit the knowledgebase ...😆
FWIW, adding a weasel word doesn't solve the problem.
I suggest you determine why some users want a Dark Mode. For example, wcmedows tends to work "late at night" and says that a dark mode "would help the eyes a lot".

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software