rojeras
[Posted this in Webbrain issues yesterday - my mistake]

Hi,

When I checked my backup log I realized that the size of my work folder had increased from about 800 MB to 2,1 GB between Oct 31 and Nov 1. When I checked it out it was the C:\Users\leo\Documents\data\2010\Brains\Leo_brain\brain_cdbb\ENTRIES.tbl that had reached the impressive size of 933805 KB. I tried to Rebuild database - but it did not change the file size.

A brainzip file is only 6,5 MB.

It is not very practical with such a large brain and it smells like a bug. What can I do to clean/shrink it?

Regards, rojeras
-----------------------------------
Latest build of PB 8 (if not otherwise noted) on Linux Mint 17 Xfce, Win 8 Professional and Android
Moe
rojeras, Thanks for posting. Can you force a rebuild of your backup using the instructions below. If that does not fix the issue, please send us a zipped copy of your _brain folder so that we can take a closer look.

1. Make a backup copy of your Brain.

2. Open the _brain folder then rename the brain_cdbb folder to brain_cdbb_bak.

3. Open PB then launch your Brain. The database will be rebuilt from the internal backup.

Thanks,
Moe
rojeras
I tried your steps and it did not solve the problem. I also tried to create a brainzip. It ended up just 7,5 MB, but when I restored it the database was still about 1 GB.

My brain contains both private information and confidential business info - I cannot send it to you.

I have used the PB and this particular brain extensively for the last 5 months. I am now dependent on it. This issue worries me, we must be able to trust an app like PB, and its updates. For me it is really business critical now. It is not a severity 1 - I can still use it - but I need a solution to the size problem.

Regards, rojeras

Latest build of PB 8 (if not otherwise noted) on Linux Mint 17 Xfce, Win 8 Professional and Android
Harlan
rojeras,

We managed to replicate the issue and have included a fix in the latest release. Download and install 6.0.5.6 and open your Brain with it. The backup will be rebuilt and the size will be much smaller. Thanks for informing us of this issue.
Regards,
-Harlan
rojeras
I installed 6.0.5.6 and renamed the brain_cdbb folder again. It worked and the folder is now much smaller - thanks a lot.
But, there is still a folder "brain_db_old", from yesterday, of 300 MB. What do I do with it? Can I just remove it?

Regards, rojeras

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software