johnsonbl
Hi,

My links almost always have an arrow in a certain direction.  Is it possible to have a new link default to the arrow rather than the current directionless link?

Example:
Current:  sibling ---- sibling
Would like: sibling ---> sibling

Cheers,
Brad
pthompson
Brad,

The best solution for this would be to use a Link Type that has the direction you want. You can then apply the Link Type to any Link and it would automatically inherit those values.
johnsonbl
Thanks, that really helps!

Is it possible to exclude the linktype name from the link such that only the line formatting and the arrow direction are visible?  Leaving the label field blank doesn't prevent the linktype name from showing on the link.

Cheers,
Brad
pthompson
Brad,

There is no built-in way to do this, but you can use a trick and simply add a space in the Link Type name so it appears that it has no name.
johnsonbl
Hi Patrick.  I've tried your suggestion but I can't seem to remove the link name from the link.  I've tried by both editing an existing link type to include spaces (leading space as well as space between words).  I've also tried with new link types with same result.

To illustrate what I've done:
was:                     linktype
with space "^":      ^linktype
or                         link^type

cheers,
Brad
pthompson
Brad,

What I meant was simply put a space in place of any text that already exists for the name:

[Unnamed%20Link%20Type] 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software