eeik
For the life of me, I can't find anywhere within the settings to change the default color treatment for links within the notes area within v10. See attached for example of what I'm looking at. Is this something that has been made configurable in v11 by chance? When theme'ing a brain, this seems like the one piece that defaults only to lighter or darker depending upon whether dark mode is enabled?

Default Link Coloration.png 
DavidGretzschel

TempLinkslinksliniks.png 
There you go. As you can see there's no seperate color setting for text-to-Thought-links and web-links.
I haven't noticed any connection to Preferences>Look & Feel>User Interface>Theme>Light/Dark
There shouldn't be, I may hope.

The built-in Themes are broken in a hard to pin down way, which made me whinge all the time about my Retinas being burnt out at random, before I figured it out.

https://forums.thebrain.com/post/bug-inbuilt-themes-are-broken-6185-10383551?pid=1310324574
That'll be fixed soon. Maybe that's what you remember from v11?
I figure, you changed the BrainTheme first, then switched to Light or Dark which needs a restart, which finally triggers the reset of the built-in Style.
I hope that this bug doesn't exist in v10, as well.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

DavidGretzschel
Also what's that wallpaper, I want it 🙂

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

--
---
---

metta
@DavidGretzschel ~

Thanks for providing the screenshots....This discussion brings to mind another very old feature request....

Is there any chance TB team might ever consider the possibility of restoring the Internet-wide display standard for hyperlinks (i.e., a simple unobtrusive underline) instead of the colored highlight and the tiny clickable icon?

I know this was requested when TB9 was initially released, and it was requested again recently, but I'm not sure if this request was ever documented for consideration.

Making the entire link clickable would better match new user expectations about the display and performance of links in notes, and eliminating the obtrusive icons would make for a much cleaner and streamlined reading experience.
zenrain
You are not missing anything, this is a v11 feature.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
Eric,

Zen hit the nail on the head. This feature is waiting for you in V11 🙂

Matt
eeik
Looking forward to the upgrade ... and wondering too whether or not David's winge-worthy observations are resolved.

Thanks Matt

... and @DavidGretzschel, DeviantArt is your friend when it comes to wallpaper. Time box your explorations or bad productivity streaks will ensue ⏱️
DavidGretzschel
@eeik 
you're right! I found a whale camoflaging himself as a tree with a planet with a moon in the background within five seconds.
I didn't know I needed that in my life, but it certainly is a Plex-theme now...
If I spent ten seconds on that site, I probably would have been there for hours 😀
Thank you for the infohazard-warning.

TEMPwhale.png

--
---
---

eeik
Love that image @DavidGretzschel! Great find 🐳

Feature request time ... @mcaton 😉

Schedule based (i.e every n hours or within defined periods) or brain context based (i.e. while exploring thoughts up to n layers below certain uber parent thoughts or while exploring proximally linked up/down/jump thoughts containing certain tags) background changing from DeviantArt or ArtStation creators. Perhaps establish logged in user link to art source platform and pull image options in from curated favorites lists or based upon content tagging (RDF much?) in some way... up/down voting to tailor background image preferences over time and further enrich the Plex experience along the way.

The sky is the limit here, but doing some low complexity image analysis to redefine TheBrain theming to harmonize with the source image color palette is the aim. I did this manually with my own color scheme in the initial post above, but it's somewhat tedious and who doesn't love automagically adaptive background canvases 😇
DavidGretzschel
@eeik 
So you're asking for an API, again 😉

Or this is a very convoluted plot to murder an epileptic in the most stylish way possible.
If you ask for the default Wander Delay to be set at 0 seconds next and suggest "spacebar" as the natual hotkey for it,
I'll be getting suspicious Ã°Å¸Ëœâ€š

--
---
---

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software