Cerebrum
I have a sample brain with 15 thoughts, two Types and two Tags.
When I click on the Tag icon to bring up a list of Tags, there's a delay of about 5 seconds before the list (of 2 Tags) is displayed. 

Also, when I click on the menu Thought/Tags, the only choice is "New Tag", even though I have two Tags defined.

I've tried this with another brain and I get the same results.

BTW, there's also a noticeable delay when I click to view my list of two Types.

Running 9.0.89 on Windows 10.

pthompson
Cerebrum,

Are you referring to the Tag icon in the toolbar? Circled here:  Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 9.07.21 AM.png 

You should not be seeing any "New Tag" option. It should look like this:  Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 9.08.27 AM.png 

I'm also not seeing any delay at all when I click on this and the Type icon next to it. Can you confirm this is the icon you are referring to so we can verify I am testing the same way you are? Thanks
Cerebrum
Two separate but related issues:
1. When I click on the Tag icon that is in your image, I get the delay.
2. On the top menu (File, Edit, Thought, View, Options, Help) when I click on Thought/Tags, the only option I see is "New Tag".
pthompson
Cerebrum wrote:
Two separate but related issues:
1. When I click on the Tag icon that is in your image, I get the delay.
2. On the top menu (File, Edit, Thought, View, Options, Help) when I click on Thought/Tags, the only option I see is "New Tag".

I'm still not quite sure about your delay. I will ask our engineers if they have any idea on this. I was able to replicate the second issue and will document it.
Harlan
The delay is a known issue - only happens on Windows when there is a small number of types/tags. If you add a few more tags I suspect the delay will not happen.

Not seeing the tags listed in the main menu is a new issue that must have just crept in with the recent changes to the menuing system - we'll get that documented for fixing.

Thanks!
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software