stefaanbolle

I have synced my Brain with the wrong calendar. Now i have hundreds of events in my Timeline that are not needed. Is there a way to remove all events at once? I have discionnected the Google calendar, but even after a sync, all events imported from my Google calendar remain into the brain.

Removing one-by-one manually will take months.
Thanks in advance!

Cerebrum
I'm curious about the answer to this.
😦
GaryW
Yes, I’m also interested in how to mass delete Calendar entries. Or better, is there a setting where I can exclude calendar entries when I perform a Search function?

Life is what happens when we are busy making other plans.

2019 Mac 3.1GHz i5 16GB RAM: Catalina v10.15.5, Safari v13.1, Chrome 83.0.4103.97; 2018 iPad Pro: iOS v13.5.1

DavidGretzschel

@stefaanbolle
Well, when I saw you post this I thought it was an interesting puzzle so I figured it out. A bit complex so I just made it a blog post.
https://antifragile-agency.com/2020/02/28/deleting-all-timeline-events-in-thebrain-11/

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

GaryW

@DavidGretzschel

Thanks for looking into this interesting puzzle. Your link led to the WP site. No problem, though, as I found your blog posting:
https://antifragile-agency.com/2020/02/28/deleting-all-timeline-events-in-thebrain-11/

I think I'm in scenario 3. When the Timeline feature first became available, I happily connected my Google calendar. I then discovered every one of my weekly repeating events were listed in a Search. Ergo, I've chosen not to use this feature.

I would re-activate if I knew there was a way to exclude Timeline events when searching.

Life is what happens when we are busy making other plans.

2019 Mac 3.1GHz i5 16GB RAM: Catalina v10.15.5, Safari v13.1, Chrome 83.0.4103.97; 2018 iPad Pro: iOS v13.5.1

DavidGretzschel

@GaryW
fixed the link, thanks for pointing that out. New to this blogging thing.

Well, I did easily find a reference to a detached Thought I used for testing in "Brain.db" by just opening it with NotePad++ and using ctrl+f.
If all of the detached Thoughts were searchable thru a naming convention or they just happened to be all stored in one place in the file, it might be as simple as removing those lines.

However I'm not really comfortable with screwing around with the database directly.
Well I am, but that's kinda.... needless work and I don't have the problem myself.
And while curious, I'm not thaaat curious. This should be doable from within TheBrain.
So....
@mcaton

feature request:
shift+click on the Hamburger in Timeline should offer a hidden deletion-dialog, which should offer:

"delete all detached Events"

"delete all Events"

"delete all Events and forget their Thoughts"

"delete all Events and delete their Thoughts"
with one of those charming dialogs maybe, when you click "ok":
Pasted Image.png 

[replace "local Brain" with "all your events"]

Also an extra checkbox for "only apply to Events/Thoughts in the past in that dialog.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

stefaanbolle
Thanks for the interest in this puzzle :-)
I am in scenario 3. Have synced my google calendar with my Brain, but no event in the timeline is linked to a thought. I actually created only one thought with event, the birthday of my wife. Bad thing to forget.
By the way if you make it a full day event, the event appears on the timeline 1 day before the actual date of the event (bug)
mcaton
Thanks everyone for posting. We're aware of the request for a Delete All option in the timeline and we have documented a feature request for review.  We're also aware of the full day event issue.

Thank you,
Matt
stefaanbolle
Thanks for the follow-up Matt!  👍

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software