dkpalmer
Running 4.3.0.6

I started to clean up one of my brains and discovered that when I deleted a thought, it still showed up under "search". Selecting it brought up the thought as an orphan. I reattached it to a parent thought and tried to delete it again - same result.
Just wondered if anyone else has seen this.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't.
mcaton
dkpalmer,

What is your process for deleting Thoughts?  At first read, it sounds like you're just unlinking the thought, rather than Forgetting/Deleting.

To delete a thought, first, right click on the individual thought and select FORGET.  Then click on OPTIONS > SHOW FORGOTTEN THOUGHTS.  This is the equivalent of a 'recycle bin.'  The thought can be permanently deleted from here.

Or, for a quick shortcut, SHIFT + Right Click on a thought and bypass the Forgetting option.

Thanks,
Matt
Harlan

This is a bug that has been identified and fixed in 4.5. Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
dkpalmer

I was using the <shift>-<right click> to get the "delete" option. But I upgraded to 4.5 Beta and the "orphaned" thought can now be deleted.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software