tcarternyc
Hi all,

I am running PB 5.0.3.0 on Mac OS 10.5.6 (Java 1.6.0_07). I found an issue based on my earlier screw up with PB. If possible please assist.

What happened?
I created a Virtual Thought (VT) by accident when linking a folder to the brain. I didn't want the VT but instead I wanted the files inside. So long story short I want the VT out of the brain.

What happens now?
I delete the brain from the desktop and the VT disappears from PB. Fabulous- this is what I want. But wait - When I add the folder back on the Desktop it arrives in my Brain again which is not so great.

What I would like?
Is there anyway that I can remove the reference from the underlying brain files so that the VT does not come back? I am a programmer with many years of experience so I feel comfortable tinkering a bit. Please point me in the right direction.

What about this feature?
Just a thought that one might like to consider a UI method of removing unwanted VT references from the brain files.

Thanks again,
Tommie Carter

Have a little fun each day.
zenrain
In PersonalBrain, right-click the link to the VT and choose unlink. It will not update again.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
tcarternyc
Thanks - works just fine. I wonder is there anyway to locate an old Virtual Thought in the brain? I know I had done this errant folder linkage before but now I cannot locate the area with the link pointing to the VT.

Anyhow - the issue with this morning's virtual thought is fixed. Once I spot the old VT I will unlink them.

BTW - Noticed a little BUG:

When I highlight the VT and click Unlink over its parent link the VT stays put and the regular thought next to it is removed.

So I performed Undo and tried it again - Same result!

Finally I tried to highlight the regular thought and then unlink (over the VT parent link) and the VT is removed.

Perhaps this is by design but I thought I would share in case someone else has this issue.

Regards,
Tommie Carter

UPDATE ON THIS REQUEST

Searched the entire brain using the crawl function
This picks up everything when used to the extreme
I guess I must have unlinked the previous VT and they are not available.

Cool everything works!
TC

Have a little fun each day.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software