drb
This morning, I saw that there was a new version release 5512b. I upgraded by downloading file from website.

In the about - it shows it is pro without indexing. Where can I download with indexing? Brain didn't ask me to download wiht indexing.

drb

Darkstar
I thought the same thing.

But over the thread 5.5.1.1 Beta - Improvements and Fixes Harlan tells us:

Quote:
 Indexing Libraries Replaced (Windows Only)

o    The libraries used for indexing of Word, PDF, and other file formats are no longer a separate download and are now included in the trial version also

o    Conversion of binary formats to text should be faster

-Darkstar
dyslucksia
Quote:
In the about - it shows it is pro without indexing

It doesn't actually say "without indexing"; it just says it is the Pro version. Easy enough to check whether it indexes attachments other than Notes and text files.
PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
Darkstar
Yes, it says it is pro. And does NOT say "with Indexing". The versions previous to 5.5.1.1 would say Pro, if they didn't say "with indexing", then they did NOT have it.

After being used to seeing that, not seeing it in the about box makes (some) experienced pro users think it does not include the indexing libraries. Until they read the readmes.
-Darkstar

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software