I've put this in the HowTo section in case there's a simple remedy I've overlooked.
1) When there are two thoughts (A and B) with their associated children etc. in the plex, and one of them is active, the active thought's font is larger than that of the other. I guess this is to emphasize which is the active thought, but the unequal sizes annoy me and I can't find any way of making them the same size. After all, the active thought indicator is more than sufficient to indicate which thought is active. Is there a way to equalize font sizes?
2) Using the same example of two thoughts as above, when all I want to do is create links between some of the children of A and B, I can't go ahead and do this unless I first anchor all children down, otherwise the simple act of creating a link throws the rest of them all over the Plex. How can I tie them all down right from the start so they don't move?
3) Conversely, if they are all tied down and I want to drag a thought plus all its kids away from the other one, is there a way to release all its children in one move so they follow the parent or do I have to release them one by one? Manually releasing 30+ child thoughts, one by one, wastes as much time as manually anchoring them (see 2 above).
4) When I want to collapse all a thought's children, common sense tells me that I should first activate the parent thought, then click the collapse (-) tab. However, when I activate the parent thought there is no sign of the collapse tab! The only cure it seems is first to activate some other thought that is neither the parent nor any of its children, then click the parent's collapse tab, which has reappeared. But even this can result in some of its children not vanishing and needing to be collapsed manually. It just doesn't make sense.
5) Worse yet, in (4) if the thought I activate has children and parents, activating it spews them all over the plex. All I did was activate it; I had no wish to expand it as well! Now I have to go back, try to find the previous thought in (4) among all the flotsam, activate it, collapse the one I just activated and look for another thought.
6) And I don't seem to be able to use Undo to help me with any of this!
Maybe someone more experienced with using Expanded View can tell me what I should be doing instead.