rengel
I don't want to use the embedded browser at all, because it misses crucial features (the lack of a Back button being one of them).

How can I completely disable the use of the embedded browser?
Unchecking the option 'Embedded browser for web links' does not prevent its use, if I click on a link that's embeddded in an attachment.
Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
rengel
Any official position on this?

Right now, when I'm clicking on a link on a locally saved web page, I don't know, if I'm still seeing my own, locally saved data (that I want to keep), or if I have been directed somewhere into the Internet and seeing other data (that I might or might not want to keep). This is very irritating, because I don't have the option to go back to original data (at least I haven't seen such an option).

mcaton
Thanks for posting. Are you referring to the browser in the desktop app? If so, click on Options > Preferences (or TheBrain > Preferences on a macOS) and on the Behavior tab, uncheck the option for Embedded browser for web links.

Thanks,
Matt
rengel
@Matt
Did you read my original (first) post? There was a comment about the uncheck option...

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software