rustada
How can I disable mouse over highlight. I am a keyboard user the mouse is too slow for my taste. And it is annoying when I loose focus on a thought because another lands under the mouse pointer. I know I can just move my mouse to the bottom of the screen, but it is still another straw on my back and distracting.

Also how can I permanently enable the menu key. It randomly stops working.

I am currently using version 7 "free".

TIA

zenrain
Options > Preferences > UI, uncheck the Update tools on highlight of Thoughts and links box.
You may also want to take a look at the accelerators tab to check out the functions you can assign keyboard shortcuts to.

Not sure about the menu key, sorry.

macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
rustada
Hm that doesn't seem to be what im looking for, or my system is buggy.

What I am looking for as an example, with the mouse off to the side if I press a direction key I can navigate the thoughts. If then I press for example "f7" I can create a parent wherever that cursor is. But if my mouse happens to be above a thought, it will try to create the parent above that thought instead. That is the behavior I want to disable, I want it to almost ignore the mouse and all action be relative to the cursor.

I am sorry if I am not being clear.

zenrain
Ah, sorry I misunderstood. As far as I'm aware there is no way to not have keyboard shortcuts specific to thoughts not affect the thought that is currently moused over.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
rustada
No problem, thanks for confirming. Here's to crossing fingers for making it optional in the future.

So far it is the best mind mapper I came across. It makes getting things done practical.

Now if only someone came out with a tablet that I can enter data faster then 40 WPM then ill be set. Off topic, but personally I would like a a tablet that has palm rests on the sides and a keyboard on the back side of it, with a slight angled recess for ergonomics.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software