Leslieinva
In PersonalBrain 4.1, how do we disable the thought "Welcome to TheBrain" that appears at the bottom of the plex when PersonalBrain is openned & moves up the screen disappearing at the top? 

My PC takes long enough to load & this just makes it seem longer when I'm preseting to others.  There's already splash screen showing the version, so this seems like overkill.

Thanks
westbroek
Oh yes! Drives me nuts... I end up chasing the floating thought to click it so it goes away.

Annoying as something very annoying.

zenrain
Or make it an optional startup message, that's customizable.
That way you could set your default thought icon, open your brain and see...

"Hello Dave"

Click image for larger version - Name: 2.jpg, Views: 263, Size: 2.15 KB
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
mcaton
I like it.  Both the optional message and the HAL reference

On to the feature request list.

Matt
Ralf
westbroek wrote:
Oh yes! Drives me nuts... I end up chasing the floating thought to click it so it goes away.

Annoying as something very annoying.

I second this. Just give us the opportunity to disabled it.

Cheers, Ralf
Shiiko
And...

Shiiko wrote:
Not really bugs but I have an issue with these things:

1. The upward scrolling error message. 

It's a nuisance.  Its a dated solution from early versions. It crawls up soooo slowly up the middle of the plex.  Sometimes if one remedies the problem quickly, the message is still making  its way up the screen (acting as a lasting reminder of the dumb error that I made). 

Solution:  Place it in a fixed location, perhaps at the right corner where we already see Index rebuilding information.

http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2081661

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software