sunwei415
It's nice to see there is "no matching found" in instant search box, it will be nicer if PB can display "searching in progress" or "no matching found" in create Thought box. "searching in progress" is also good for instant search box.
Windows XP,JRE 1.6.0_13,PB 5.5.0.8-b
dyslucksia
If "Instant Search" or "Instant Activate" is instant, why do we need "Search In Progress"?

As much as the identification of the  "No matching thoughts found" is helped by its new icon, I heartily wish I had the option to disable it entirely and revert to the 5.0 situation where the appearance of a Search Results Box meant Instant Search had actually found something, so you had better look to see what it is. Looking just to see a "No matching thoughts found" message I find distracting and time-wasting.

Instant search, unlike Advanced Search, is so reliable, it never hangs your computer (another good reason to avoid "Search in Progress"), so you can bet your bottom dollar that if it didn't find anything, it's entirely your fault; you didn't name the Thought correctly or, more likely, you took a guess and entered the search term(s) incorrectly. If it shows nothing, it's not still looking - it's already looked and there's its answer.

Would anyone else like to see an option to disable this message, rather than rephrase it? Sorry if this is slightly off-topic.

PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
sunwei415
The trouble is my brain has about 70k Thoughts, which makes "instant search" not instant from time to time.
Sure it is always good to have more settings to switch some features on/off.
Windows XP,JRE 1.6.0_13,PB 5.5.0.8-b
dyslucksia
Hmm, I see what you mean now.
PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software