mctrexler
If I tag 10 (not linked) thoughts in a Brain, then run a report for only that tag, I would have thought the 10 thoughts would show up on the screen in sort of an expanded view format.  That's not happening.  I can create the expanded view by moving each tagged thought into the plex, but want to make sure there's not a simpler way I'm missing.

Mark
Brigitte
You can display Thoughts based on their tags. You can show all Thoughts with the same tag by using Instant Activate or by using the Tags tool tab.

To Use Instant Activate:

- Begin typing the tag name in the Search field, then click the tag name as soon as it appears. Tags are indicated using a special icon and are colored using the hint color assigned to them.

To Use the Tags Tool:

Click the name of the tag to activate it in the Plex.

Once you have activated a tag, it appears in the Plex as the active Thought with all the Thoughts it applies to shown as children. These “tag Thoughts” can be pinned for fast reference. Also, linking or unlinking a tag Thought adds or
removes the tag to/from the linked/unlinked Thought.

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
mctrexler
Thanks Brigitte.  My question refers to how to get JUST those tagged thoughts onto the plex, not linked to anything else.  The Report approach with positive filter seems the only way to do that.

1.  run report
2.  Go into expanded view
3.  Click on EVERY thought with that tag
4.  End up with all the tagged thoughts in the plex.
5.  Save expanded view.

It's just a very cumbersome process.

Mark
mcaton
So are you ending up with just the tagged thoughts floating, unconnected in the plex?  A screenshot of your final result may help us understand what you are looking for.

I like Brigitte's Idea of just activating the Tag itself as the active Thought, then just switching to Expanded view.  Place the tagged thoughts where you want them and then hide the original Tag Thought.

Thanks,
Matt 
mctrexler
Matt, yes, just the tagged thoughts floating around unconnected.

In terms of your idea, I guess I'm not sure how to hide the original Tag Thought (and presumably the links) once I've created the expanded view?  Another reason to go through the report process is to make sure that all the thoughts those tagged thoughts are linked to don't start popping up on the plex if I accidentally touch a (+).  But I'll play with it if I can hide the Tag itself.

Mark
pthompson
Mark,

Are you able to share a screenshot that can give us a better general idea of what you are seeing and what you are trying to accomplish?
mctrexler
Two screenshots.  One without report view, just expanded view with Thought Tag.   One using the report view for just that Thought Tag. Tagged Thoughts view.jpg  Report view.jpg
pthompson
Mark,

This is normal for a Report view if there are not other Thoughts that also have the same Tag connected to any of the Thoughts that do have the Tag and are displayed.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software