advisors
For some reason, I can't delete it.

And yes, this is the same brain that doesn't sync.

Creating and deleting a Brain works.

Now if sync a Brain and then delete it, it get's deleted, still appears as in the cloud, but won't sync: Sync failed: Unknown error.
pthompson
If you restart TheBrain after the error is the Brain gone?

advisors wrote:

Now if sync a Brain and then delete it, it get's deleted, still appears as in the cloud, but won't sync: Sync failed: Unknown error.

I don't quite understand this part.

When you sync a Brain, it will stay synced; There is currently no way to delete a synced Brain from the cloud but this is being worked on. So, if you create a Brain sync it, then delete the local copy, it will appear as being on the cloud still; Cloud Icon ( Remote.png  ). Clicking on that Brain again should prompt you to sync it for local use.
advisors
pthompson wrote:
If you restart TheBrain after the error is the Brain gone?

Nope.

pthompson wrote:

advisors wrote:

I don't quite understand this part.

When you sync a Brain, it will stay synced; There is currently no way to delete a synced Brain from the cloud but this is being worked on. So, if you create a Brain sync it, then delete the local copy, it will appear as being on the cloud still; Cloud Icon ( Remote.png  ). Clicking on that Brain again should prompt you to sync it for local use.

I sync a brain --> so far, so good.
I delete it (it still appears as in the cloud) --> so far, so good.
I now try to open/sync that brain (from the cloud) --> It won't sync: Sync failed: Unknown error.

pthompson
Ok, I was able to replicate the issue and will let our engineers know. This may just be a temporary issue with the server again.
advisors
After I deleted the MetaDB folder (as discussed here), it works (syncs) again.
advisors
But now none of my OTHER brains will sync .......
pthompson
Yes, I was able to replicate the issue and will discuss this with our engineers. It appears to be happening randomly and consistently. There may be an issue on the server.
pthompson
advisors wrote:
After deleting the MetaDB, re-importing that big brain I could not delete and not being able to sync those other brains any longer ... [smile]

I now face a new problem:

Picture1.png    
all brains that were working now show a "(failed to download thumbnail)" message AND if I select any of those brains, TB closes without notice.
(It doesn't even report that "TB will now close").

2L (my big brain) now works again (but still does not sync) and that brain I have created for the purpose of present tests works and syncs fine.

Now I'm gonna delete that MetaDB again, and see what new problem I manage to run into ...

[smile]

advisors wrote:
Ok, works again [smile]
but my main brain (2L) disappeared ...

Picture2.png 

I'm only able to open/sync "Méthodes de GdP" and "test delete".

The two others fail to sync (and come up with that missing thumbnail again):

Picture1.png   

pthompson
advisors,

This has all been replicated on our end as I mentioned and has been reported to our engineers. Thanks for further information and testing.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software