zenrain
This is a weird one. If I have a second monitor plugged in (via HDMI), the notes toolbar will rarely when I click into notes. This is when TheBrain 9 is on the primary or secondary display. 
It's a MBP Retina running 10.11.2. It reads in About This Mac as a SyncMaster Display, but it's something really old by Samsung. 
Once I unplug the display, the notes toolbar comes up just fine again.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
Zen,

Did you mean to say that the Notes toolbar will rarely appear?  Meaning that it's hit or miss if the notes toolbar pops up?  In this scenario, can you still add notes - but with no formatting options?

Thanks,
Matt
pthompson
Excellent find zenrain. I was able to replicate the issue and it has been documented.
zenrain
Oops, yes Matt exactly.

Great, glad you were able to replicate, thanks Patrick!
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
zenrain
If this is occurring to anyone else, I've found the cause and a workaround (if you can stand it). 
The issue occurs in OS X if you have multiple displays that are offset:

Offset-Bad.png 

It doesn't just occur in notes, but when clicking buttons (especially the new one on the create thought tool to show types and tags). Basically, clicking the button does nothing, it behaves as if it wasn't there.
Changing the offset to the way it is below resolves the issue (until they can fix in TheBrain 9).

Offset-Good.png 

Hope this helps.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
Yes it certainly helps thanks zenrain. Updated the bug with this info.
perry
This is definitely not a Windows bug as I have multiple monitors that are not aligned vertically in any way!

Screenshot - 4_03_2016 , 8_19_41 PM.png 
just fyi [smile]
pthompson
Thanks for the confirmation perry.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software