mrsandbags
Often I have the link selected (it has the dashed style of a selected link) but when I right click I've missed it and right clicked the Plex.

It could be partly about screen size (I'm on a 2560x1600 retina display so lots of detail in a 13" screen size) but it happens so often that I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or if others are also finding this?

Matt
MOWER/VALDEMARIN
Experts at creating value by sharpening purpose, stimulating thinking, sharing insight, and finding hidden opportunities for you
tel +44 797 707 6709  ·  skype: matt.mower ·   http://mwrvld.com/  ·  https://uk.linkedin.com/in/mattmower

TheBrain v9.0.245.0 | macOS 10.12.6 | MacBook Pro 13,1 (late 2016) 2.4Gz i7, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris 540 GPU

ruudhein
Looking around for better keyboard navigation of links I did see there is an Unlink shortcut:

1.jpg 

So if you're at the point where the link is already selected, that could get you further without having to right click the thing again.

In general I find that selecting a link, especially in a dense part of the brain, can be a bit of a hazzle, sometimes a hit & miss; clicking the plex, clicking the wrong link. I do hope for better keyboard navigation, especially as using link properties can be so valuable.
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
zenrain
I've remapped the keyboard shortcut to cmd + option + right arrow. Much better and quicker for me.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
ruudhein
love the keyboard shortcut flexibility. I've only had to take out AutoHotkey to set a global key for the brain. Mostly everything else can be set in TB itself
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
Harlan
You can also right click on the thought you want to unlink from the active thought and select "unlink". (This doesn't work if the link is already selected FYI as the context menu needs the focus on the active thought in order to work)
Regards,
-Harlan
rustyedges
Yes, I struggled with the same thing...and arrived at "solution" others mentioned...assigned a shortcut key and use keyboard only for unlinking

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software