fLZogu2d
Hope someone might be able to help me with this.

I have PB 5 working from a USB drive.

At work I have Outlook 2007.

When I attempt to drag and drop a contact link from Outlook 2007 into PB 5 (Pro trial version right now), I get nothing - no link, no attachment, no nada.

I've tried with Outlook contacts in my main contact list.

I've tried with Outlook contacts in a local personal folder (.pst folder) (in case there was some problem linking to a contact hosted on the Exchange server).

I've even tried with Outlook contacts in my Outlook archive folder (also a local .pst folder, but thought I'd give it a shot).

Nothing seems to work.

Anyone have any thoughts on this.

Much thanks for  your help.

- Brett

zenrain
Hmm, I'm running Outlook 07 also, the only difference is I'm not running from a USB.
Is PB installed on your work computer and you are running your Brain database from the USB, or did you install the PersonalBrain program to the USB? The only thing I can think of if you installed the program to the USB is it needs to place something down on the same machine that is running Outlook for the interface to work.

If PB is installed on the local machine, try closing Outlook (and verifying it's closed in Task Manager, it has a habit of staying open for quite a while afterwards) and then re-install PB.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
fLZogu2d
Hi Zenrain,

Thanks for the response.

My setup is:

Outlook 2007 on work machine. I don't have admin access to this machine so can't install PB 5 locally.

PersonalBrain 5 Pro Trial application files on USB device.

My Brain data files on local drive of work machine.

I found the connector from PersonalBrain to Outlook - the Redemption.ECF add-in to Outlook and the Redemption.dll file in the bin file of the PersonalBrain application.

I'll try the reinstall.

------

I'm also testing this at home.

Outlook 2007 on home machine where I do have admin access and can install whatever I want.

PersonalBrain 5 Pro Trial application on USB device (to simulate what I have to do at work).

Brain data files on local drive.

The add-in attached correctly to Outlook for this installation but the drag-and-drop for Outlook items (contacts, appointments) doesn't work either.

Guess I'm going to have to keep banging on this. Haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks.
zenrain
I saw in another post you were going to e-mail support about the licensing. You may also send an inquiry about this issue, as it sounds like it may be an issue with linking Outlook contacts and e-mails when PB resides on a USB.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
fLZogu2d
A reinstall with the newest version (5.0.3.7) fixed this problem. I was using 5.0.3.6. Not sure if that was the cause.

Anyway, PB 5 running on a USB device is working with Outlook on my home machine.

Next task is to figure out how to get it to work with my office machine where I can't do an "install" because I don't have admin rights on my machine at work.

Anyone have any thoughts on manual configuration of Outlook to PB 5 integration?

topps
Has anyone tried PBrain with Office/Outlook 2010 yet?

I seem to remember having some quirky behaviours with another app that used Redemption.dll a long time ago with Office 2003, that broke altogether when I tried to use Office 2007... so I wonder if we will get similar issues with this migration.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software