dcb_oz
I'll post here because I'm using the latest beta version, though I expect there error was caused elsewhere. I had to reboot my PC without closing my brain, nor ejecting the USB stick it runs from. That's the most likely cause.

Upon attempting to open my brain I get an error message saying "Double allocation error...in brain.index.db file".

About to restore I looked more closely and saw it was an index file. With a copy in hand, I deleted the brain.index.db file and my brain came out of its coma and back to life.

Luckily for me.

David

Harlan
Hi David,

The next release of PB (4506) automatically detects and recovers from problems like the one you just experienced. Thanks for posting.

Regards,
-Harlan
dcb_oz
That's great to hear Harlan. It was almost a case of go to the backup and redo all of today's work. As that had included moving many files into the brain, finding them again would have been nasty.

Speed of development is fantastic and much appreciated.

David

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software