randy_astle
Java Version: 1.6.0_20
TheBrain Versions: 6.x and 7.x
OS Version: Windows 7 x64

I use both TheBrain and NovaMind 5 -- both are great products but each excels in a different area. Consequently, I store NovaMind 5 files (*.nm5) in TheBrain. If I double click on a NovaMind 5 file in the thought panel, the file is not opened. This does not happen in Windows Explorer, so  *.nm5 files are mapped to the NovaMind 5 application.

I can open it if I right click on the file in TheBrain, select "Open with..." from the context menu then click on the "OK" button. (In this case NovaMind 5 is listed and selected in the Recommended Programs panel.

Thanks,

Randy
Moe
Randy, When you select a file to open , PB hands off control to your OS at which point your OS will open the file with the appropriate program after checking its extension. Try re-establishing the the .nm5 extension to NovaMind 5 on your system to see if it helps.

Thanks,
Moe
randy_astle
I thought that was probably the case.

It's an odd problem.

I can open any file in it's mapped application in The Brain except for *.nm5 files. And, I can open *.nm5 files in NovaMind in Windows Explorer -- so, the extension is mapped.

When I do "Open with...", NovaMind is selected -- so, TheBrain seems to be able to find the correct mapping. It just fails in the double click scenario.

Already approached NovaMind about it -- they claim it isn't their problem.

There is a workaround, but it is a little annoying.

Randy

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software