Tom
My Brain has schizoid tendencies! If I link an internet address to a topic, it doubles the attachment. One is the real and one is in the not existing folder "thebrain-hidex". Getting worse I cannot delete the false link.
Please help, it is annoying!

mbaas
Tom, it just happened to me, too - with 4.1.3.1. But strangely enough, this doesn't happen always when adding URLs. And also, I was able to just right click on the thing and delete it...
mcaton
Yikes.  I haven't seen that one.  Can you send me a screenshot?

Can you repeat with the same URL?

Thanks,
Matt
mbaas
Matt, attached is a screenshot of my brain. (But note that I don't not have the issue of being unable to delete the attachement.)
I was also able to recreate that effect by d&d that URL ( http://www.morewords.com/) out of Firefox into PB (below current thought, to create & link as child).

Click image for larger version - Name: hidex.jpg, Views: 127, Size: 118.10 KB
mbaas
When I went through all files in my brain this morning, I noticed there were still some {thoughtname}-hidex-files left from 4.1.3.1. So I mass-renamed them to "{thoughtname}-hidex.ico" and they all display fine now :-)

Just thought I'll share this - just in case anyone comes across this issue again...

agnor
Tom,

I'm wondering if it's an issue with less-than-perfect tags on the website you tried to enter into the brain.  Did you drag-and-drop from the browser into the brain?

When you drag and drop, the brain tries to read the head data for the page in order to create the thought, but I think incorrect tags can trip the Brain up and lead to things of this nature.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software