bhyl
I know that drag and drop from outlook is a frequent topic, but...

I just installed the latest version of the Brain (after being off of it for a while) and Outlook 2013 and can't drag and drop messages or attachments from Outlook. I can drag them to the thought's folder if I open that, but that is a bit of a pain.  Is this a known issue?

-Bill
pthompson
bhyl,

First, please make sure you are using both the 32-bit version of Outlook and TheBrain OR the 64-bit version of Outlook and TheBrain. Both applications need to be the same bit-version or drag and drop will not work. If you have checked this and are still having trouble, this usually indicates a problem with your redemption.dll, usually caused when Outlook is still running during the installation of TheBrain. This can, typically, be resolved via re-installation of TheBrain while Outlook is completely closed. If you have already tried that and it still isn't working, you can manually add the redemption.dll within Outlook. To do this:

(From Outlook) go to (File > Options > Add ins > Manage COM Add-ins > Go... > Add > ...) and select the redemption.dll file that (for most installs) resides in (C:\Program Files (x86)\TheBrain\bin)

Everything should work after this.
bhyl
Thanks for the quick reply.  I had already checked that I was running 32 bit for both, but re-adding redemption worked.  One odd thing though, in Outlook I'm looking at a message that has 3 attachments.  When I try to drag one of the attachments over to PB, it drags the message that contains all 3 attachments instead.  Is this tunable behavior?

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software