mikesingleton
Windows 10 / 64 bit

Brain 8 v Brain 9 Action when trying to move or copy any type of file from desktop to Plex

After comparison:

Brain 8 normal mode  I can drag and drop or copy and paste files into Plex

Brain 8 Administrator mode I cannot drag and drop but can copy and paste

Brain 9 normal mode I cannot drag and drop files into Plex. When I try to copy and paste a file to the Plex Brain 9 closes with error 'The Brain has encountered an error and will now close' 

Brain 9 Administrator mode I cannot drag and drop but can copy and paste (Brain does not close with error)

So Brain 8 is working correctly Brain 9 is not [confused]

MIC / UIPI ? http://blogs.msdn.com/b/patricka/archive/2010/01/28/q-why-doesn-t-drag-and-drop-work-when-my-application-is-running-elevated-a-mandatory-integrity-control-and-uipi.aspx
mcaton
We're still trying to replicate.  Patrick has virtually the same environment, but does not get the drag and drop issue you have described.  What type of files are you dragging?  Right into the plex, below the active Thought?  or into the content window of an existing Thought?

Thanks,
Matt
mikesingleton
Thanks Matt,

Types of files, .pdf .doc .jpg

Both into the plex, below the active Thought  and into the content window of an existing Thought.

Run in Normal Mode (I have administrator privilege)
It looks like the file is being dragged into the plex and/or Thought but on releasing  the button nothing happens.
Trying to copy and paste immediately shuts down Brain 9

Run in Administrator mode
When I try drag and drop I see the 'not allowed' symbol (circle with diagonal bar)
Copy and paste works fine

pthompson
Mike,

I still cannot replicate this issue so can you try this:

1. Close TheBrain 8 and TheBrain 9 and navigate to: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\TheBrain\Log; You can get to this location quickly from within TheBrain 9 by navigating to: Help > Open Log Directory
  2. Delete any Error Reports or Output.logs that exits.
  3. Start TheBrain 9 and try the steps you mentioned: Brain 9 normal mode I cannot drag and drop files into Plex. When I try to copy and paste a file to the Plex Brain 9 closes with error 'The Brain has encountered an error and will now close' 
  4. Assuming the same issue occurs, navigate back to the log directory and paste here or email support@thebrain.com your Output.log and any Error report(s).
mikesingleton
Sorry Patrick, I have not had time to follow up on this. However, I just briefly checked and the drag and drop behavior in Brain 9 is now different. I can now drag and drop files to the PLEX [smile] 
It seem the only problem now is that when I drag and drop emails from outlook to the PLEX, the Brain 9 closes when I try and open the attachment. I can however move the Emails via the desktop to the PLEX and they open correctly from within the Brain 9. I will try and send log files when I have time this week.
Mike
mcaton
Thank you for the update Mike!  We've documented the Outlook drag and drop issues for further review.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software