mlapointe
Since upgrading to 5.5 and subsequent betas, I've noticed that dragging and dropping of an external file or URL doesn't work immediately. Upon a new install of an update, you have to close the app and then reopen it. Then drag and drop works just fine.
Moe
mlapointe, Thanks for posting.

Quote:

Since upgrading to 5.5 and subsequent betas, I've noticed that dragging and dropping of an external file or URL doesn't work immediately.

Are you dragging into the Plex or Properties and Attachments? Do you have PB installed on XP, Vista or Linux. Are you seeing a delay or it does not work at all?

Quote:

Upon a new install of an update, you have to close the app and then reopen it. Then drag and drop works just fine.

So, I presume that you mean that the Plex freezes right?

Thanks,
Moe

nw
Moe,

On Vista, after installing the last couple of updates updates, I have had to restart PB to get DnD to work. When, for example, you drag an URL onto the plex, then the cursor changes to show an illegal operation (circle with line through it?) as opposed to the + sign cursor when DnD working.

Nigel
bmac
While I have not witnessed this personally, this may be what is happening to me when I notice that drag & drop is not functioning correctly.  Since there have been a number of updates recently, this may explain my issue -- which is, every now and then drag and drop does not function properly but then the problem seems to disappear.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
Darkstar

On Vista, following an upgrade, I have to open PB twice. This has been like this since prior to version 5.5.

-Darkstar
pshanks
Under Vista. we never selected the option to run PB after the installation. See screen shot. This is problem that we noticed along time ago, since we've being using Vista.
We have always unchecked the box and run PB normally.

I just confirmed by re-install PB5514 and taking the default to run PB after setup. I could not drag n drop, I had to re-start PB.

Hope that helps
Click image for larger version - Name: Install_Complete.png, Views: 79, Size: 137.20 KB
Moe
Thanks Everyone, confirmed and passed on to the developers.

Best regards,
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software