Rennie
I used PB in Windows but converted to Mac OS X a few years ago and PB failed to Drag and Drop Contacts & Contacts is everything to my use of PB - There have been various upgrades since I last tried PB and I appear only to have a trail version of PB % which the trail has run out on ....

Does the PB 5.5 offer true drag and drop of OS X address book contacts.....ical and mail .....in the same way it works with outlook....

Many thanks....
danlandrum
You can drag and drop from Apple mail but it is so slow as to be unusable. I still love my brain though! It would be wonderful if Harlan and crew could get this important feature functioning properly.

OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Moe
Quote:

Posted by danlandrum
You can drag and drop from Apple mail but it is so slow as to be unusable.

We have run some tests and believe we have found the root cause of the problem. This will be fixed in a future release of PersonalBrain.

Thanks,
Moe

GerSch

Are there differences in the main funktionality between PB for Windows and Mac?

zenrain
Yes, you might take a look at the Google Groups page on PersonalBrain for the Mac. The only change is that now you can drag e-mails from Mail to PB thoughts and it will add them, you no longer have to do a search. However, it will not populate the notes with the content of the e-mail as Outlook e-mails do.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
GerSch
For technical reasons would it be possible to bring in the content of the Apple e-mails in the notes section? Is it planned for future releases?

How does it work with the fulltext search of files with PB on a Mac? I have to search with Spotlight not with the search in PB?

I´m still a Windows user, but think I will chnage to a Mac. The fulltext search in PB is really great for me and i want o understand how it works on a Mac.
zenrain
I'm not sure about the future release plans.
However, for searching, the expanded and advanced search engine uses Spotlight instead of the indexing libraries used in Windows.

Several things:
1. It's slower than the windows search. As far as I can tell, it's because of the search also going through AddressBook and the Mail database. I believe they are working on optimizing this.
2. Since it uses Spotlight, it cannot search anywhere spotlight can't. So if you hide locations from spotlight, PB won't find them either.

Otherwise it searches the Thought Title, Label, content of the notes, and the content of attachments that spotlight can index, including e-mail.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
marianoi
Any update on this? as of 5.5.2 it is still unsupported, right?
Moe
marianoi, Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum . If you are referring to GerSch's post regarding bringing content of the Apple Mail items into Thought Notes. Yes, this is not supported. Please make a feature request for this on our Uservoice page.

Thanks,
Moe
marianoi
Thanks for answering. I was wondering about the ability for dragging and dropping ical events and contacts.

For contacts the only way it worked for me was doing a full search but that is rather slow for some reason in 5.5.2.

Thanks for your feedback

Cheers

Mariano

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software