rengel
Why do I get wrong characters when I I drag and drop text from a webpage into the Notes editor? An example:
First paragraph of the webpage  https://webkitgtk.org/

WebKitGTK is a full-featured port of the WebKit rendering engine, suitable for projects requiring any kind of web integration, from hybrid HTML/CSS applications to full-fledged web browsers. It offers WebKit’s full functionality and is useful in a wide range of systems from desktop computers to embedded systems like phones, tablets, and televisions. WebKitGTK is made by a lively community of developers and designers, who hope to bring the web platform to everyone. It’s the official web engine of the GNOME platform and is used in browsers such as Epiphany and Midori.

Using Drag&Drop I get:

DandD.png  This doesn't happen if I use Cut and Paste.

AND BTW: The links to Epiphany and Midori get lost when using either D&D or C&P. If I loose embedded links the value of this functionality is dimished severly.
Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
NickMilner
Strange. If I paste that paragraph into a note I get...
Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 12.13.25.png 

Do you have "Paste without formatting as default" ticked in the "Notes Editor" options? If I tick that box then the links don't carry across.

I can't drag-and-drop a text selection out of Chrome at all - is it a Windows thing?
rengel
NickMilner wrote:

Do you have "Paste without formatting as default" ticked in the "Notes Editor" options? If I tick that box then the links don't carry across.

This setting was ticked. But both in Firefox and Chrome it doesn't matter if this box (or one of the other Clipboard checkboxes, for that matter) is checked or not. The result is the same: no links, colors.

Quote:

I can't drag-and-drop a text selection out of Chrome at all - is it a Windows thing?

I don't know. Drag-and-drop a text works with both Firefox and Chrome.
Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software