Batboy
I'm new to TheBrain app which I purchased for local use a few days ago. I created a Brain file and have populated the Plex with five Parent thoughts that each have child thoughts. I now see that several of the child thoughts would make more sense if each respective one was moved to a different Parent.

To move them I have spent much time going through Tutorial videos, searches on the Forum and Web searches. In practically every case of potential useful info about how to drag a child to a new parent, the easiest advice has been to hold down the child with the Shift key down and drag it to the new Parent and drop it and the child will stop the previous parent link and link to the new parent. In videos it is clear and a simple task.

But after hours of every attempt ... it just does not work. I cannot Shift + Drag a child to a new parent. In every case the child remains attached to the original parent after I drop it.

Help would be appreciated.

John
Cerebrum
Hi John,

Don't shift and drag the child thought.
Shift-click and hold the little dot at the top of the child thought and then drag it to the little dot at bottom of the new parent. 
The technical term for the dot is "gate". So, if you want to move a thought from one parent to another (rather than add a link to another parent), then Shift-click the Child gate of the thought that you want to move and drag it (the Child gate) to the Parent gate of the new parent thought.

Hope that helps.
mcaton
John,

If possible, please join tomorrow's Brain 101 class. Sign up at  https://www.thebrain.com/support/thebrain-101 . I'll cover this process and many other basic tips and tricks to get you started. Plus, at the end of the class I'll answer any additional/specific questions you may have.  Hope to see you there!

Matt
Batboy
Thanks for the help. It works!

John

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software