Visnet
I am trying to drag a file into thebrain V9.0.134 and it does not seem to work here. The mouse pointer keeps showing it is blocked, no matter the area I move the mouse in, plex or files area. The only thing I can do is to click on the "+" sign and then open folder, to move files in the folder. 

I am now slowly trying to move away from TB8 and make TB9 my primary brain area.
So far I did focus on usage and navigating the brain, never really tried working with files yet. Not being able to move files like TB8 would be a big miss for me.

Is this functionality gone, on the todo list, or is it something that should have worked?

I am on Windows 7 doing this.

Thanks,

Wim
Harlan
Drag and drop of files should be working fine. You should be able to drag to the plex or to the attachments area (where the tabs are for notes and add attachment).

Try rebooting Windows as sometimes it can disable drag and drop. Also make sure you are not running TB in admin mode. If neither of these solve the issue, let us know.
Regards,
-Harlan
Visnet
Harlan,

Thanks. I rebooted Windows as you said and I was able again to use the drag and drop functions for TB9. I wonder what triggered it? I was able to open the folder in the earlier status and drag the files then. Drag and drop seemed to be disabled towards TB9 only then.
What I am unsure of here is if I started the PC from hybernation mode this morning or not... (half asleep at that point still [sleep]

I will keep an eye on this a next time

Thanks!

Wim

mcaton
Thanks Wim,

We'll test the hibernation scenario as well.  Also, did this happen right after your upgrade to 9.0.134 - or have you had that version installed (and working properly) previously?

Thanks,
Matt
Visnet
Matt,

I did not particulary pay attention to it before as I did not work with TB9 as 'production' brain. It was only yesterday I decided to go 100% TB9 with one of my brains. And that is where I started dragging files into it.
But your remark triggered me... I did get the PC from hibernation - without TB9 active. But I started TB9 and directly upgraded. After that upgrade I did not restart TB9 - as it started by itself after the upgrade, but started dragging files after the upgrade directly...

As this morning, a new upgrade was waiting and I did the same sequence, started PC from scratch, started TB9 and waited until the remark that an upgrade was waiting. Upgraded it and started dragging files. This is where it blocked again.
Restarted TB9 again and all is fine. 

So the issue seems to be there right after the upgrades first start, a restart solves it here.
For the record: this is on a Windows 7 PC - Our office will stick to it for a while here.

Wim

mcaton
Great information.  We've replicated the drag and drop issue happening immediately after updating to a new release.  Documented and will be further reviewed.

Thanks,
Matt
Visnet
Checked today with 9.0.138, directly after the upgrade. Drag and drop works perfectly again!

Thanks!

Wim

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software