jbaty
If I drag a link from either Chrome or Safari (OSX 10.9.2) onto TheBrain, the Preview app opens. This occurs during the drag, even before I release the mouse. Preview doesn't actually open any document, but the app launches for no apparent reason.

Any ideas where to start looking for why this happens?
zenrain
No ideas, but this happens to me also. I don't know if it started when I upgraded to 8.x or 10.9.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
Thank you for reporting this. I do see that Preview opens but the URL is still able to be added to the Brain. I will report this as a bug.
jbaty
Thank you, Patrick.
pthompson
By the way, if this is any help to your workflow, I noticed this is only occurring if you drag and drop a URL onto TheBrain app icon in your dockbar and let TheBrain app come into focus this way. If you drag directly into TheBrain running in the window behind your browser this issue does not occur.
zenrain
Patrick, for me it opens Preview even if I follow the steps you gave (that's my normal workflow). Not sure what the difference is from my machine to yours.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
jbaty
Same for me. If I drag a URL over TheBrain's window, Preview opens. I don't even need to release the mouse for this to happen.

Dragging a URL over the Dock icon does nothing at all for me.

mcaton
Thank you for the additional feedback.  I'll make sure to update this info in our engineering report.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software