esteve999
When I installed my PersonalBrain it defaulted to being stored in My Documents. 

Is there a way to change the location to another drive/folder?

mcaton
I'm not sure if you are refering to the application, or the actual Brain file you have created.

The application is typically installed to C:/Program Files in a directory called PersonalBrain.  If your PersonalBrain folder was installed to your My Documents directory, you can easily grab this folder and move it to a different location, without harm to the app.

When you create a new PersonalBrain, you are creating a .brain file and an _brain folder.  These two componants make up the actual "brain file" that is being read by the application.  Again, you can grab these two items and move them to a new location. 

Additionally, you can create a BrainZip.  Simply open the desired brain file and click on FILE > CREATE BRAINZIP.  Now you'll have a single file that you can easily move to another folder, drive, computer, etc.

When you are creating NEW Brains, you can also change the default directory location in the New Brain window.

Thank you,
Matt
esteve999
Thank you for the response.

I am referring to the actual Brain I created.  I moved the .brain file and the _brain folder to the location I wanted it. 

I then opened PersonalBrain and from the File menu selected Open Brain.  I then navigated to the new folder location and opened the .Brain file and everything works in the new folder location.

DRS85

Similar concern moving from old PC to new PC - (Windows 7) - the default Directory for Documents will be different in the new machine (default) vs - the original...

Brainzip will work fine for all but " Links" to external files...

What workarounds are there to re-map the new location for the linked attachments/documents in PB?

David

zoner
@DRS85

Try using file > utilities > replace attachment location to remap your attachment paths.
mcaton
Zoner is correct, the Replace Attachment Locations feature will be your best option.

If you don't have too many shortcuts to update, you can also run a report for a list of all your Thoughts with external attachments.  In the Reports tab, click on All > Attachments > External Attachments.  From here, you can visit each thought to edit attachment paths manually on the Thought tab.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software