Beastro
Hi,

Is it possible to dynamically link a folder to a brain? I want to have it updated with new items whenever something is added to the folder.

Thanks
Berthold/Spain
Win10/TB11
metta
I link folders all the time. Very helpful strategy.

Here are 2 different discussions on the use of folders in TB9:

If you have any questions after reviewing these resources, let us know.

Hope this helps! ðŸ™‚
Beastro
Hi Metta,
What I am after in particular is to make use of the import feature that creates thoughts for each subfolder and attachments for each file in the subfolder AND I would like theBrain to detect changes in that folder/file structure and update the thoughts/attachments accordingly.
Linking, as you suggest, only adds a shortcut to the folder in question, but does not give me direct access to the files in the folder structure.

To explain, I have a folder structure which houses all my pdf files and I can import this structure in a new brain and benefit from the file preview in the attachments panel, but once imported the content is static and will not reflect changes to the original folder structure.

Thanks and regards
Berthold
Berthold/Spain
Win10/TB11
metta
Will be interested to see what TB staff says on this one. ðŸ˜‰
zenrain
Short answer, no, at this time it's not possible. There was a way to do this in prior versions with virtual folders but that feature is not available in v9 and I believe I remember reading that it's not planned for the immediate future. 

TheBrain 9 does monitor the content of it's internal folders and update the attachments when files are added, so I think it might be possible to create shortcuts to these elsewhere, but I have a feeling this won't meet the needs for what you are attempting to do.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software