mbaas
Immediately after launching 10.0.5 .0 for the first time I was greeted with this:
25-08-_2018_09-57-49.png 

I honestly do not care for earlier versions and I'm not sure about the benefit of this message.
singlark
Benefit? Uhhh, perhaps because this is an Alpha, for the purpose of debugging in case there is a problem with the newer version?
metta
Interesting. I did not receive this message when launching TB10 for the first time. However, when I just now checked for updates in TB10, I did get this message.

Will be looking forward to feedback from TB staff about this since it does seem like having in-app access to an earlier version could be helpful for debugging purposes, as singlark suggested.
shatcher
Usually that message occurs if you've downloaded and installed an alpha or beta version, but your preferences are not set to alpha/beta.

To prevent the popup, open preferences (Options > Preferences on Win, TheBrain > Preferences on Mac), then go to the System tab and set the channel to check for updates.
mbaas
That setting was and still is set to Alpha...
mcaton
Michael,

Thanks for posting.  I've been unable to replicate.  I'm sure we'll come out with a 10.0.6 in the very near future.  I'll check in with you then to see if you get the notification and what happens after updating.

Thanks,
Matt
Harlan
I believe there was an erroneous setting on the server that caused this issue. It should not happen again.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software